Do you struggle coming up with fun things to do with teenagers in Austin? Or are some teens coming to visit and you want to show them fun Austin things to do? We’ve got the ultimate list of what to do with teens in Austin!
- Breakfast tacos are a must when visiting Austin (try Valentina’s or Veracruz)
- Taquero Mucho has the cutest pink setting for all your teen’s Instagram photo-ops.
- BBQ, obviously. Franklin has the hype (and the lines, try to order ahead if you can!) or try la Barbeque.
- The third most famous food in Austin is queso. Torchy’s is a must.
- 24 Diner for night owls.
- For caffeine needs, teens will love to hang at a cool local coffee shop! Try Irie Bean, Mozart’s, or Cosmic.
- Hula Hut for lake-side dining.
- Easy Tiger
- Jump off the diving board at Barton Springs (also great for people watching and staying cool on hot days).
- Kayak, canoe, or SUP on Lady Bird Lake.
- Pontoon boat or party barge on Lake Travis.
- Austin Flyboard
- Float On boat rentals for Lake Austin.
- Swing on a rope swing!
- Stand under a waterfall.
Keep Austin Weird/Austin-Specific Activities
- Murals/Street Art (try South Congress or South 1st Street)
- Bat Cruise/ South Congress Bridge bats
- Chicken Sh*t Bingo
- Stubb’s Gospel Brunch
- Bullock Texas State History Museum or a tour of the Capitol
- See live music at Mohawk, Emo’s, Radio Coffee, Central Market, or Bangers.
- Kick around a soccer ball at Zilker Park (then relax in a hammock or bring a picnic).
- 9th Street BMX for the biking enthusiasts.
- Rage Room/Axe Throwing/Escape Room/Splatter Room
- Climb Mt Bonnell at sunset.
- Hike the Greenbelt, Mayfield Park, or Bull Creek.
- Austin Bouldering Project
- Cidercade for all-you-can-play arcade games for $10
- Pinballz for indoor go-karts, axe throwing, arcades, and more.
- Barton Springs Bike Rental and Tours