It’s time to start planning all things FALL! Here are all the FREE things to do with kids in Austin this fall.
- Kebab Shop on weekend days
- Kerbey Lane Cafe on Tuesdays
- Pluckers on Tuesdays
- Central Market North Lamar on Tuesdays after 4:30 p.m. they typically have free live music on the patio playing Friday and Saturday nights as well!
- Blue Corn Harvest on Mondays
- Modern Market on Sun & Mon from 5-close (order must be placed in store)
- Freebirds on Sundays
- Trudy’s Tex Mex on Mondays
- Dos Mary’s on Tuesdays
- Mi Lindo Michoacan Restaurant on Mondays and Tuesdays from 4-9 p.m.
FREE EVENTS FOR KIDS IN AUSTIN THIS FALL
Free Weekly Events
- Cherrywood Coffeehouse has free live kids music on most Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. Free! 1400 E 38th 1/2 St, Austin
- Sunday Makebreak at all Michael’s stores- free craft event on most Sunday afternoons from 2-4 p.m.
- Thinkery has free community nights every Sunday from 3-5 p.m. and every Tuesday from 5-7 p.m. 1830 Simond Ave, Austin.
Free Events Each Month
- Home Depot has FREE Kids DIY Workshops the first Saturday of every month (October 7, and November 4)
- First Sunday at the Bullock (free admission on the first Sunday of the month).
- Second Saturdays For Kids at Texas Farmers Market Lakeline from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Sept 9. Every Second Saturday, enjoy fun activities for kids at TFM at Lakeline! Activities will vary each month so keep an eye out here for details as the Second Saturday approaches. 11200 Lakeline Mall Dr, Cedar Park
- Second Saturdays are for Families at Laguna Gloria, free admission on September 9, October 14, and November 11 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. 3809 W 35th St, Austin
- Free Kids DIY Workshop is on Sept 16th, Oct 14th, and Nov 18th at all Lowes stores from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Second Sundays For Kids at Texas Farmers Market Mueller is Sept 10 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. 2006 Philomena St, Austin
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden Free Family Day is Sept 10 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. The second Sunday of each month, families get in free and can do Sculpture Searches, crafts, and free admission for visitors of all ages. 605 Azie Morton Rd, Austin
- Visit Wimberley for their free Wimberley Market Days (first Saturday of the month), Pioneer Town, and the creek downtown.
- Free Movies in the Park! September 29 is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, October 26 is Hocus Pocus, and November 10 is Moana.
Free Events in September
- Friday Fun Nights at Yonders Point is on September 8 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Old Settlers Park, 3103 Aten Loop. $10 Sausage Plate that will include: a drink, sausage wrap, side, bag of chips, and dessert! All proceeds go to the People & Parks Fund which gets returned to you through improving out parks and outdoor spaces in Round Rock.
- Fairytale Threads Consignment Sale is September 8th (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.) & 9th (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.) at 1420 Toro Grande Blvd, Cedar Park.
- Strawbitty Yops Family Concert is on September 9 at The Hive at 10 a.m., 10542 Menchaca Rd, Austin
- Goldfish Swim School – Northwest Hills Back to School Bash is on September 9 from 2-4 p.m. Enjoy an evening of open swim and refreshing treats, face painting, Petting Zoo, Bounce House, Play in our 90 degree pool and tropical environment. Free! 8038 Mesa Dr, Austin
- Zilker Botanical Garden Free Day is September 10 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. 2220 Barton Springs Rd, Austin
- Pecan Street Festival is September 16 & 17, 2023. 501 Old Pecan St, Austin
- Free Toddler Yoga // Pease Park (FREE) with ATX Yoga Girl is on Sept 13th and Sept 27th at Pease Park at 10 a.m. 1100 Kingsbury St, Austin
Free Events in September
- Austin Museum Day is on September 17, 2023. This is the day where you can get into most Austin museums for FREE!
- Morning Glories at Waterloo Park Tuesday mornings from 10-11 a.m. from Sept 19-Oct 17 on the Meredith Heritage Tree Deck. Little hands get hands-on fun at wonder-filled workshops focused on literacy, bilingual storytelling, music and dance, cultural learning, and nature play. Each week features a different style of play. 500 E 12th St, Austin
- Sweet Berry Farm Harvest of Fall Fun is open September 23 – November 5, 2023. 1801 FM1980, Marble Falls. Admission is free (just pay for each activity).
- Free Toddler Tuesday story & craft time at Letterpress Play at 11:30 a.m. on September 26. 2002 S Congress Ave, Austin
- Music on Main Fall 2023 Every Wednesday from September 27 – November 15, 2023 from 7-9 p.m. Each week different musical acts in a variety of genres will be performing a free concert in Downtown Round Rock. Bring chairs or blankets. Pack a picnic, or pick up takeout and join us in Prete Plaza to enjoy a night of music! 221 E Main St, Round Rock
- Meanwhile Brewing Co Oktoberfest is September 29-October 1, 2023.
- Free Movie in the Park (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) at Onion Creek Metro Park8652 Nuckols Crossing Rd, Austin on Sept 29 from 7-10 p.m.
Free Events in October
- The Chalk Walk is October 7 & 8 at Dell Diamond in Round Rock. Come see the amazing chalk art! 3400 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock.
- Check out ACL on October 6-8 with the kids! Kids 8 and under get in free with adult tickets. Take the kids to Austin Kiddie Limits and experience the festival together.
- They may best be known for their Christmas trees, but Evergreen Farms also has a Pumpkin Hunt every year. From October 7-29, 2023 you can buy pumpkins and enjoy activities such as a zip line, mazes, a train ride, pumpkin launcher, and more. Admission and parking are free and each activity is $3.50. Fridays 1-5 p.m. Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sundays from 1-5 p.m.
- Fall Fest/Halloween Fun concert with Wilco Symphony is Oct 14 from 7:30-8:50 p.m. at Prete Plaza, 221 E Main St, Round Rock
- Round Rock Trunk or Treat for kids with disabilities and their families is Oct 21 from 4-6 p.m. at Seton Medical Center Williamson located at 201 Seton Parkway in Round Rock.
- Free Movie in the Park (Hocus Pocus) is on October 26 at Mueller Lake Park from 7-10 p.m.
- Round Rock Diwali Festival 2023 is Oct 28 from 2:30-10 p.m. The 8th annual celebration of “Festival of Lights” in Downtown Round Rock. Event is free and open to all. Centennial Plaza, 301 West Bagdad, Round Rock.
- Viva La Vida Fest is Oct 28 from 12-6 p.m. Mexic-Arte Museum’s 40th Annual Viva La Vida Festival and Parade is Austin’s largest and longest-running Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) event. Co-presented by the Austin Convention Center and the City of Austin, this year’s festival will take place on Saturday, October 28 at 4th Street and Congress Avenue.
- Fall Fun Festival in Round Rock is Oct 31 from 9-11:30 a.m. Petting zoo, hayrides, snacks, and fun entertainment for all to enjoy. Come in costume and bring a canned good to donate to the Round Rock Food Pantry. Old Settlers Park, 3400 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock.
Free Events in November
- Día De Los Muertos 2023 November 1 from 6-10 p.m. at Moody Amphitheater, 1401 Trinity St, Austin. Local Tejana florist Yliana Lara will transform the Moody Amphitheater stage into a community “ofrenda,” or altar, where visitors are invited to place images and decorations that honor their families and friends who have passed. Guests can remember beloved departed pets at a special Alebrijes Altar designed by artist Ernest Ramirez. Visitors will also enjoy free live music, dance performances, calavera face painting, a Latinx artisan market, live artists, muralists, and more!
- Creek Show 2023 is coming back to Waterloo Park from November 10-18. This free display of illuminated art created by local artists and live music is fun for the whole family. Reserve your free tickets in advance. 500 E 12th St, Austin
- Movie in the Park: Moana is on Nov 10 at 7 p.m. at Mabel Davis District Park in Austin.
- Meet your favorite authors and discover some new books at the Texas Book Festival on November 11 & 12, 2023. Downtown Austin in and around the State Capitol.
- Holiday Bazaar Arts & Crafts Show is on November 11, 2023 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Clay Madsen Rec Center in Round Rock. Live music, shop, and stroll. Admission is free but please bring a canned food item or boxes of colorful Band-Aids for the Children’s hospital. 1600 Gattis School Rd, Round Rock
- 57th Zilker Holiday Tree Lighting is November 26, 2023 from 6-7 p.m. at Zilker Park. 5:15 pm Pre-event Music, 6:00 pm Ceremony. Free parking first-come first-served on the south side of Zilker Park. Carpool to the event or take Cap Metro. Overflow park and walk in the gravel area located just west of Stratford Drive and Lou Neff Road.
FREE THINGS TO DO WITH KIDS IN AUSTIN THIS FALL
- Take a bike ride along the Brushy Creek Trail and visit all 6 Brushy Creek Trail Playgrounds.
- Visit the Central Public Library.
- See the bats along the South Congress Bridge through October.
- See the real dinosaur tracks in Leander.
- Take your BMX bike to the dirt jumps at 9th Street BMX or Elizabeth Milburn Park in Cedar Park.
- Visit the peacocks at Mayfield Park and climb Mt Bonnell.
- Mural tour of Austin (snap selfies at the famous murals like I Love You So Much, Greetings From Austin, You Belong Among the Wildflowers, and You’re My Butter Half).
- Austin Nature & Science Center is hours of free entertainment (dig for dino bones, see fossils, visit the animals).
- Walk along the Ann & Roy Butler Hike & Bike Trail.
- Most hikes are free, here’s a list of the best kid-friendly hiking trails in Austin.
- Play at one of these unique playgrounds in Austin.
- Take a free tour of the Capitol.